Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by groveofbass, Dec 1, 2004.

1. whats everyones feedback on the spector european series?

2 weeks ago i went into my local guitar shop for some polish and low and behold i find a used Spector European neckthrough 5 string. I was interested because i hadnt tried a spector before and my buddy had just given me some negative feedback about a spector he tried. So i try it out and it sounds and plays great. then i check:

price tag: $649

i bought it on the spot. later that week i replaced the strings and giged it. It sounds a million times better than my fender j-bass through my hartke set up. I could hear the lows so much better and i didnt over power the rest of the band.

so two weeks into it and i think shes a keeper.
  2. Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    Smokin deal. I have a Euro 5 and it sounds awesome thru my Mesa setup, and actually it sounded awesome thru my Ampeg, SWR, and Hartke setups as well. Definite keeper! Congrats and welcome to the brotherhood :bassist:
  3. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    That is a GREAT price and I would have picked it up on the spot too! :hyper:

The Spector Euros are extremely well made basses with great feel and tone. They are just one small step from the full US made basses and are superb value for money. :bassist:

Congratulations on a cool bass that will sound great whatever you play it through!! :D
  4. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    For that price, I would've pulled the trigger too!

I don't own a 'Czech-Spec' 5-string, I own the Czech-made 4. I could go on forever about the things I like about it.

I predict you'll be happy for a long, long time with your new bass. :)

Congrats, -Art
  5. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Congrats dude! Good price on that! You can't go wrong with a Spector Euro. I own 3 with 2 more on the way.
  6. slicecom

Oct 19, 2004
    Thats the best deal i've ever heard of! Holy crap! makes the $2200CAD i spent on mine look like a rip off! Oh well.. id do it all over again! Its THAT GOOD!