Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector #

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jun 22, 2001.

1. I really need the phone number for spector bass if anyone has it. I need to get in touch with Stuart and email isn't doing it for me. Thanks.

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    The only number I could find for Spector was: c/o Armadillo Enterprises (727) 769-8868. www.ssdbass.com

3. Spector basses were no longer distributed by Armadillo Enterprises as of late '98. Try this #,
    (800)825-8810.
    As far as the Aguilar preamp goes, I have a buddy that installed the Aguilar preamp in both of his Spectors. The EMG BTS pramp remains in my Spectors. I did a comparison. First of all, my buddy swares by the Aguilar preamp. When I did the comparison, I found the Aguilar to be a bit louder due to its 18 volts compared with the EMG's 9 volts (note, the EMG BTS can also be 18 volt powered). As far as tone goes, they're both were great, but I didn't find the Aguilar to be any better, so I personally wouldn't spend the dough. Obviously, others would. It's your call.

4. Thanks for your help. I ended up getting in contact with a guy who is endorsed by Spector who i know, so i got Stuart's Work Number straight from him. But thanks.