Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by keithconn, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Anyone ever heard of a 'schector' or something like that? They were hanging right next to the spector basses and looked and felt ok. I was just wondering if they were some kind of knockoff's

Thanks -
    k.

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Schecter does have a body style similar to Spectors but I really don’t consider them to be a nock-off.
    Robert Deleo of Stone Temple Pilots has a signature bass from Schecter. Go here and check em out. www.schecterguitars.com

3. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    no, theyre two completly different companies. schector is more know for their guitars (a lot like ibanez) than their basses, but there isnt really any resemblance to spector other than the name.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Believe it or not, Schecter Guitar Research has been around longer than Spector has. And IIRC, they do not have any bass models that are Spector knockoffs.

5. Where can one find U.S made Schecter? The U.S made Schecter is pretty elusive. Usually all they have is the import models. And no, I don't want to wait 4 to 6 months to get one.

6. embellisher

That's a good question. There aren't any dealers any more, AFAIK. I think you have to order direct and then wait.

7. Why would you want a Schecter when you could have a SPECTOR ?!?!!!!:D

Go on, be nice to yourself, go down and buy one today !!!!;)

8. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Spector
    Anyone ever heard of a 'schector' or something like that? They were hanging right next to the spector basses and looked and felt ok. I was just wondering if they were some kind of knockoff's

Thanks -
    k.

This isnt the guy that came into the store i work in Joplin and looked at the basses is it? Because we have both and i remember a guy saying is it the same thing! And someone is correct dont mess with the one if you can have the best! Spector!

9. The Schecter Stiletto's body does resemble the Spector a bit.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Dproducts/pop_open/Dbfoto14_pop.htm

10. I am not that guy. But I was in a store locally and saw them both on the wall. It was a used Schector(sp) for about 450.00 ... I was just wondering what it was about, because it was pretty nice ... Didn't feel quite like the Spector that it was next to, but then again it was half the price.

Thanks for the info ... I am going to go back and really check it out.

thanks.
    K.

11. embellisher

Actually, the Schecter Stilleto looks more like a Thumb or a Sonus to me.