Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spectorcore fretless bass?????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstring44, Feb 4, 2004.

1. fourstring44

fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    Hi all,
    anyone have any hands on experience with one of these Spectorcore basses?
    I just had Michael Dolan refret my old jazz bass, and I'm wanting to pick up a fretless for not too much dough. I don't really play fretless out very often, but I just have to have one. I can pick one of these up pretty reasonable and was curious if they sounded worth a hoot. They have a single EMG HiZ pickup and apparently a fishman bridge type of thing? Anyway any info would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

Thanks, Curt

2. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I've never played one, but a kid in my reading class has one. It sounds great w/ the flats that he has on it. I'm not sure i like the sound hole on the front, but that's just me.

3. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    blah. And all I play is Spector. It's a couple years out from being good.

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I agree...personally, I'd like to see a second EMG and another sound hole...like the Warwick Infinity Ltd. that John B. plays! Maybe EMG CSs as well as the Fishman Piezo pickups...

:bassist: