1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector's long lost twin?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by millsbass5, Aug 22, 2012.

1. I wonder if these are made in the same Czech Republic factory as the Spector Europe Series basses? Same knobs, recessed bridge, the only thing missing is the crown inlays and the Spector logo on the headstock. I wonder what electronics are underneath that control plate? A Hazlab:bassist:, perhaps? Nah, it would be too good to be true......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-D...1250&pid=100033&prg=1011&rk=2&#ht_2038wt_1397

2. I figured I'd bump this thread. It's a real possibility that these could've been manufactured in the same factory as the Spector Euro Basses. I know copies float around everywhere. But.......

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    For the same price, you can get a real Spector!

4. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    Whew! For a minute there I thought it was going to be a pic of a Czech-made Warwick Streamer....

:bag:

5. Sure looks like it to me.

6. Well, almost. I guess it mostly boils down to what's under that control plate. And, I really wished it had the crown inlays. Those inlays are the proverbial cherry on the Spector sundae.
    As for price? Not even close. A Euro 4 is around 2k, give or take.
    All I'm sayin' is, if this is BASICALLY THE SAME BASS as the Spector Euro, minus the inlays, pre, and h/stock logo? That would be a great buy. You could put your own electronics/pups, and even throw some vinyl crown inlay stickers. And, poof!! You'd have the best lookin', (and cheapest) "Euro" from 10 feet away.:D

7. sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Woodward, Oklahoma
    you dont obviously look at the classifieds often. lol you can get a used euro on here for a good deal if you are patient. there was one the other day that went for $700. just have to keep the ol' eyes peeled.

8. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal