1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speed knobs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy Sivyer, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Andy Sivyer

Andy Sivyer

Sep 11, 2013
    kent england
    Got a question about the Epiphone thunderbird pro iv in trans black I brought a few weeks ago. Would like to fit speed knobs or something that looks more Gibson do you know if they can be got with + - numbers instead of straight 1 to 10 for the active cut boost pots or do I just have to line up 5 with the mid point settings.
    Love the bass great low action very easy and fast and sounds good with a pick (accident removed end of right index finger don't sound right now).
    Thanks in advance

2. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Don't know about + & -, but they can be had without numbers and you could make a mark in the middle. Here's a pair of black speed knobs on a black body, the little dots are glares from the light. And some amber knobs on a t-burst body.

3. Andy Sivyer

Andy Sivyer

Sep 11, 2013
    kent england
    they look well nice on there. Think they might be what I go for the black on black.A friend said about top hats in black but to fender for my taste.

4. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Another thing, in case you don't now, knobs come in fine spline and coarse spline to fit different (USA and Asian/metric) pots. Try to get the ones that fit what you have without crimping the pot shafts.

5. Andy Sivyer

Andy Sivyer

Sep 11, 2013
    kent england