1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speeding towards a Second Divorce - New Stingray!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Geddyfleaharris, Mar 5, 2010.

1. So I was out yesterday afternoon snooping around the local music shops. I was sort of thinking about giving a Neo cabinet a try. I love my GK RBH cabs but their weight is starting to get to me. Anyways I walk into one store and see a 4 string HS Stealth Stingray hanging on the wall. As sson as I saw it I knew I was pooched. I played it for a bit but really it was all over as soon as I saw it on the wall. Turns out they had just gotten it in and displayed it yesterday around 11:00 AM. By 2:30 it was walking out the door with me.

Haven't told the wife. :meh:

Pics!

The last pick is my EBMM family pic.

RodsPics002-1.jpg

RodsPics005.jpg

RodsPics006.jpg

RodsPics001.jpg

2. Seidell

Seidell

Jun 26, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Nice, just guessing...ebony fret board? I have a stealh bongo 5 with ebony and love it...nice find :) make sure the wife beats you with the one of the older stingrays lol

3. why did you have to post that?

i have an idea for how you can hide it from your wife... send it to me! it will still be YOUR bass, i'll just keep it at my house.

4. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent Those who can, play bass.

Jan 19, 2010
    Providence, RI
    Would it be wrong to suggest that you have a preference for black basses?

:ninja:

5. legend_bob

legend_bob

Nov 18, 2008
    Even before I picked up a bass I knew I wanted a Stingray. Now I just have to get good enough that it would be worth spending the money. Well, I'd have to *get* the money, too...

Is that the amount of awe mixed with jealousy that you were going for?

6. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    That Stealth Ray is "Badazz"..... Been jones'n to pick one up, and try it out...... Although it probably wouldn't be good for my financial or domestic situation either...... I could get the bass past the warden for sure, but would have trouble explaining the debit or credit card statement. Awesome bass man! Enjoy, I would.

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Nice Stingray! Congrats.
    Well, if the bass lives up to its name, you won't have to.;)

8. Whatever gave you that idea? :help: I also have a Jetglo 4003 that I have blacked out to a certain extent. :meh:

Thanks for the other compliments. It seems most of the local stores tend stock the basic EBMM colors and a lot of single H set ups. Nothing too "customized" so when I saw this one it had to come home with me. :bassist:

lol @ seidell. I will make sure she users an older bass for beating purposes! I thought the neck was rosewood like my SR4 HH but it has a bit dfferent feel. Maybe it is ebony. :meh: I will investigate. Thanks.

9. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    You know I bet she would not even notice it because they are all pretty close in looks. Might be worth a shot :ninja:
    I mean my girlfriend did not notice the difference between my black P bass and my black Rick copy lol. :rolleyes:

10. yeah man, you just have to keep one hidden. as long as she only sees 2, she'll only think theres 2...

11. So, doctor, I see that your badass bass cloning project has been a complete success.

12. Seidell

Seidell

Jun 26, 2009
    Queens, NY

Yeah im going by the slight color difference in the photos but if u can shoot so pics with close ups of the fret boards i can tell u exactly. also if its ebony the bass should be slightly heavier. i have the ebony on my bongo 5 and its weight is completely difference then the same one i have with rosewood

here in in this pick you can see the big difference in the woods off my bongos. hope it helps lol ebony on the MM basses is just brilliant lol

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...1212157156347_1601310313_551559_4271830_n.jpg

13. nostatic

nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    My ex-wife didn't notice basses. She did notice the '87 911 I brought home though.

Luckily my current g/f is an artist and supports spending money on tools to make art.

14. I am in love with your 2 Bongo's!!! Ice blue and stealth! I can just say that I am utterly jealous!

15. Here's hoping! lol

Gigging it tonite!

16. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    Well the girls pull the old "I've had this for ages, you've seen it before" stunt with clothes, why shouldn't we do it with something worthwhile?

17. phunku

phunku

Jan 9, 2008
    London, England
    Please let us know how it sounds!!! and any compliments u get! :hyper:

18. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    Those new Stingray Stealth are lovely.

19. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    Well, maybe you'll meet your next ex-wife playing the Stealth.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020