Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

spell check

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Matthew Bryson, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    It would be cool to have a spell check feature that people could use before pressing the submit button. (like an email program has) I am assuming that would be too resource intensive or it would already exist - but on the off chance that nobody has ever thought of it I thought I'd toss it in the suggestion box. Some people really need it (especially when English is often a 2nd language)

-MPB

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    This would be a good idea, mac users can gloat, they have system wide spell check :) so it's not an issue for me, but others would probably appreciate it.

however, I think that spell check makes you a worse speller if you take it for granted, if you assume you'll always have it available and get lazy, then you won't learn these things, but I think if you make it a point to learn a word you misspell, even with the aide of spellcheck, then more power(and spelling bees) to you :)

3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Actually, I find it to be the opposite of this!!

Most poor spellers are kids who have spoken english all their lives!!