Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sir_gabealot, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    Alright. People were giving me a hard time on that i cant spell. well thats why im failing english class. so does everyone agree that i should spell right , or do you agree with me that i should spell how ever the hell i wanna spell cuse it aint english class. i mean some guy even list out my mistakes.
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    hello, ben
  3. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Just because you're not in english class doesn't mean you don't have to use your own language properly.

Spelling is a good starting point. You can advance to constructing proper sentences after you get the hang of constructing words.
  4. Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    So you are agreeing that i should spell correctly. then i suppose i will. now that that is settled, what shall we speak of so this thread gets relieved of its misery? :eyebrow:
  5. I hate to bust the conspiracy, but this can't be Ben...he's at work today.

6. Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    What the hell have i been telling you this whole time!!!!
  7. Of course, he may have internet access at work....I just doubt anyone's supervisor would appreciate them fuddling around on the internet when they should be selling crap.

8. Maybe Ben cloned himself.
  9. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I was thinking that, too.
  10. :D
  11. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

this is asking too much

12. I'd agree with the above, i'm a maths student myself but still can't stand people who can't be bothered to speak or write correctly. You wouldn't write like that on your CV (or you wouldn't if you wanted to get a job), so why do it elsewhere. A few spelling mistakes are fine, everyone makes mistakes, and forums aren't really about spelling, but people should still make an effort to use coherent sentences.

On the subject of spelling and grammar, I would recommend people read Eats, Shoots & Leaves. Fantastic book.

*rant over*
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Warwickben, more likely than Ben Strange.
  14. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Spelling is good.

15. I would have done Spelling in high school.

16. I would do Spelling right now!
  17. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Don't be so prescriptive :)
  18. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Therz no reazon 2 lrn 2 spel, no1 carz if u can ur not.
  19. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    You can spell however you want... but people will (unconsciously, at least) judge your intelligence on it.

Well, that's just rude.