1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spend my money for me.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eldoctorbass, Sep 12, 2008.

1. I'm coming into some unexpected money in the next few months, and what better way to spend my time than to drool over equipment I don't have. And probably don't need - but you can be the judge of that. Anyway, I'm sure someone will have an opinion on what I should do. Here are the facts:

Current setup: passive bass into LMKII, into Aguilar GS212. I play mostly pop/rock in small to medium-sized clubs.

Pros: sounds great, solid, everything I need.

Cons: none. They are both loud, solid, clean.

But, for the sake of argument, say I had $1k to spend on the amp/cab side. What would you do? You can factor in the used price of either piece in your suggestion (I dunno, $450 for the LMKII and $400 for the Aguilar?). I'm not a tech-minded bassist. I basically set the knobs once and go.

Should I keep what I've got? What would you do? (I know I *should* keep what I've got, but c'mon, spend my money!).

2. Save your money

3. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Honestly, I'd try to find a Bergantino cab and a GK head.

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    keep what you got and get a nice combo or smaller rig for practice and smaller gigs.

mesa boogie WALKABOUT combo!! 4ohm

Shuttle 6.0 and a epifani ul112???

maybe some eden stuff....:D

5. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Spend your money for you, or help you decide what to buy?

If you want me to spend your money for you, my PayPal email is mail@davemuscato.com. Thanks!

;)

In all seriousness, I'm in a similar boat. I recently received a settlement, and after some consideration, realized I'm actually satisfied with my rig for now, so I'm investing the money. Here's my thread about it:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465841

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If you are happy with your sound as is, it's crazy to buy more stuff. Maybe you could buy a second Aggie 212 cab to get a tall stack behind you, but my dad always says, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," and he's right.

7. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    It'd say settle all bills and debts before considering paying stuff. I'm currently stuck in a situation where I have more bills than income and would love for the opportunity to do so. I suppose my opinion is jaded by this though. lol.

8. how about, GK 1001RB with Eden XLT 210?

9. derelicte

derelicte

Dec 25, 2007
    NJ/NYC
    invest in visual braille technology.. or pedal powered wheelchairs

10. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    +1

11. Ok, I appreciate the feedback, though it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I think I should have been more specific, like, should I seek out an AG500 or similar as an upgrade to my LMKII?

PS: debts are paid off, and I'll invest as well. I agree that getting out of debt is far more important than going into it with bass stuff.

12. BobaFret

BobaFret

Jan 22, 2008
    I'd spend it on a new bass if you already like your tone and don't need expansion of speakers. You can NEVER have too many basses. :)