1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sperzel tuner problem... please help.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Ray Holt, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Alright, I'm most of the way through building my first guitar. I ordered a lot of the parts from Carvin, including the sperzel tuners. Now I had to order one extra, because I'm building a 7 string guitar.

Carvin sent the extra tuner, but not the little nut that screws in top and holds the tuner on the guitar. (See attachment) :mad: :mad: :mad:

So what should I do? I thought I should call Carvin but would they even be able to send me just that nut? That seems pretty ridiculous. Do you guys know of anyplace I'd be able to get that one part???

:help:

Attached Files:

2. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Call them and get them to send it.....t

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

It's not ridiculous to call Carvin and request they send the rest of your order.

4. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    They should send it next day air, with a free set of strings for your trouble. In an ideal world, anyway.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Carvin is usually pretty good with customer service, I have heard. Go ahead and call them.

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    It seems to me you have the screw-on, hexagon-shaped part, just not the O-shaped part that goes under it.
    Hardware stores. The kind that carry screws and (hand)tools. Shouldn't be more than a few cents.

7. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I think that he's saying that he doesn't have the part in the picture.

RHolt, call Carvin. They should provide you with the part, since you bought that part from them and they didn't send it to you.

8. Geoff is right, I'm missing that nut that has the "O" part attached to it.

You're all right. I'll give Carvin a call today, they ought to send it.

9. I've had some problems with Carvin's shipping dept. (sometimes they just... don't ship things) but their customer service is top notch.

I called today about the nut for my tuner, I explained what happened, he asked for my name, brought up the order and the next thing out of his mouth was "Alright, I'll have that nut shipped out to you." :)