Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SPF swith on the back of Hartkes.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cassanova, Jun 17, 2002.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Any of you Hartke owners out there have the the spf switch set to the off position? Its supposed to block out harmful sub sonic low frequencies to protect your cabinet. Ive been wanting to set it to off to see if it will alter my tone any, but im paranoid to for fear of blowing my 4x10 cab. If I had a 15 or 18 to go with it Id have done it.

Any of you 4x10 or even 2x10 guys ever play with that switch. If so what were the results?

2. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    hey, i have(well, i HAD the cab, im enjoying my bag end a lot more now:D) a hartke HA2000 with a 2.5XL. i usually kept the SPF switch set to ON, just because, i suppose. i only ever played 4s through it, and the cab is spec'd at 30Hz anyway, so no worries about blowing your speakers by going too low unless youre using subwave harmonizers or something. as far as tone goes, i noticed no difference whatsover, probably because frequencies that low werent being produced in the first place. if youre still worried about it, set it to ON, it wont change your tone. hope this helps.