1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spike Lee's "Inside Man"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Boplicity, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Hey, folks, if you want to see a really suspenseful movie about a bank robbery with hostages and enough intrique for two movies, see this.

You will be on the edge of your seat much of the time and you're never quite sure what is actually what. Plus you'll be treated to some excellent acting.

I loved the dialogue. You have to listen closely. There is so much going on, plus Spike switches back and forth in time which can be a little confusing. You have to figure it out for yourself.

This isn't your everyday heist show. It is a cut above. It makes "Ocean's Eleven" seem shallow in comparison and I really liked "Ocean's Eleven" and have seen it several times.

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    This is a Spike Lee joint?! Wow!

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Yup! It is sure enough a Spike Lee Joint which it states in the opening credits. I think it is Spike's most mainstream movie in a while. I say "mainstream", but I don't mean that like "pop'.

This is a very intelligent movie with a complex plot and fascinating characters whose motivations keep you guessing and rethinking your previous ideas in a constant interplay of mysterious motives.

Spike Lee gets big props from me for this movie.