Spinal Tap for the New Millenium

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Against Will, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    the contemplatable human race??? too funny!
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    My favorite part.
  3. Wow. These guys have had WAY too much PCP. Time ta put down the dust, lads!!

Wonder how they sound.....

Rock on
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I approve. It's about time a Black Metal band realized how ridiculous they are. I love metal, but a lot of the subject matter is funny without the dead outerspacemen.
  5. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I know we were knocking on VH1 the other day for thier continuing disparagment of Metal, but when it comes to Ronnie James Dio, they've kinda got a point...

So, these guys are like Dio... They play too much AD&D & then wanna write crap about it... Yay... I'll pass...

BTW, I'm a metal fan! Just not "tHeSuKeth of Metal".
  6. Reminds me of an old Calvin and Hobbes strip where Mom makes the point that the bands don't actually practice what they preach and off themselves, instead preferring to cash in on delivering that message over and over, and selling the related merch.

What was it that Yngwie was saying about "unleashing... the fury!!!!"? And who did he think he was kidding?
  7. How does I.C.E. achieve such thick, bottom heavy production with all instruments, including vocals being so clear?
    Our connection to our past lives as humans amongst the monkey cattle presented us with many contacts, that our brains retained during the transformation. When we gathered back together here in the States, we used these contacts to get in touch with who we thought could record this album the best. We gave that producer the challenge and he accepted. The album came out just as we expected. SUPREME. As for the vocals, we have no control of vocals or lyrics, the voice of Råvaskieth spits forth from us, whenever we open our mouths...we can not control that..nor understand the presence or power of it just yet...it just happens.
  8. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    This is my favorite part. I really hope these guys keep this thing up for a long time. They can't be serious, its just too funny to take seriously.
  9. ...IMPERIAL CRYSTALLINE ENTOMBMENT. The name says it all...

Back in my day, we just called it a refrigerator. I think the one my folks had actually was an Imperial brand. The name says it all.

10. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I actually just listened to them on their website www.imperialice.com . Its really not as bad as I expected it to be. If you are into black metal, you might like it.
  11. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Considering how much press they're getting, it had better be good! I listened to one of their songs, it was good, didn't really eviscerate me with pleasure, they way I was hoping it would, but it was none the less a good song. I like their commitment to their cause (be they serious or not) and the ridiculous interviews are just the icing on the cake.