Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spinoff: So I meet this girl....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DaftCat, Apr 22, 2005.

1. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    After reading Joe Nerve's post. I had to bring this up(I don't like to hijack threads).

How many of you guys(and gals too) have been shot down/dumped/looked over because the woman you were interested in thought you were a man-ho?

Being in a rock band, of course we have women approach us during/after sets, etc.

I had one recently ask me point blank how many groupies I slept with. Of course, I dodged the question as I thought it was very unfair.

Let's hear it folks!

2. Danksalot

Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
    Most of the women who come to my shows are over 80 years old. I've not been approached or interested yet.

3. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Old people rule.

4. Danksalot

Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
    We had a lady celebrating her 100th birthday last night.

Oh, and Bob Wills' doughter came to the show last night.

5. Aw-Haw!

That's cool! Really. Did you meet her and tell her how kickass her dad was?

6. I use to get it all the time when I worked the door at a club in south beach.

I did it as a second job at night because I really needed the extra money. If there was a girl I was interested in and she knew I worked at the club, I'd get "your a man ho" "you probably get 3 girls a night just to let them into the vip". I wish!!!

"Judge not lest thee be judged yourself, Holier than thou ,you are........."

7. Once.

Mike

8. No, but I was dumped once for not being enough of a man-ho. Really. She wanted to do the nasty, and I was not willing to oblige.

9. Yeah, you were only nailin' 2 a night!
    :smug:

10. Never could pull off the ole triple play :D

11. Once. Her loss.

Leigh

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

A wedding ring helps me keep all the ravenous fans at bay. Like a cross to a vampire.

I let the drummer sort out the "fans" hoping he'll catch something and be unable to gig with us so we can replace him.

P.S. This is the after gig eating Corn Flakes post.