No longer available Spitfire tort precision pickguard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by StevieMac, Feb 16, 2017.

1. StevieMac

StevieMac

Mar 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Price:
    $140
    Spitfire 13-hole precision bass pick guard with the pickup cover and tug bar holes drilled. Vintage burgundy, speckled 60s, medium relic.

Full disclosure: I didn’t like the way the guard fit around the pickups on the particular bass I wanted to use it on (a Bluesman Vintage 62 Deville). All the Fender replacement guards I've tried on that bass as well as a Pickguardian fit perfectly fine, but with the Spitfire I thought the pickup opening was cut slight too large. The manufacturer says he makes them all the same size.

This is the pg that is for sale:

FullShot4sale_zpsuusubbxk.gif

The two pictures below show the spitfire guard directly on top of two genuine Fender guards and you can see the pickup holes are cut a little longer.

Pickup%20holes_zpsjrwjc1rl.gif

PupHoles1_zpsaajwk2b9.gif

Here's a closeup of how it fit on my Bluesman:

OnBluesman_zps5awqh3b6.gif

This image comes from the gallery on Spitfire’s website and I think you can see what I’m talking about there as well.

spitfire-vintage-tortoiseshell-tortoise-shell-pickguard1.jpg

$140 US shipped CONUS or Canada, paypal

R&B likes this.
  2. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Sent ya a PM of a possible fix.

3. Acoop

Acoop

Feb 21, 2012
    WOW, I'm impressed. ... For years I've said, "They can put a man on the moon but they can't make a convincing Tort reissue pick-guard." ... I'm a believer. ... Is it still for sale? ... PM me is it is.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  4. Mildew Jones

Mildew Jones

Dec 18, 2014
    beautiful pickguard! Would look loverly on my yellowed Oly White '72...if "the fix" doesn't work for you, I may be interested. PM me if ya like, thanks.
    MJ

5. Really nice looking Tort, GLWTS

6. StevieMac

StevieMac

Mar 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    I'm going to take this off the market while I try bassdude51's recomendation of some different/larger than Fender pup covers.