SPL / RTA App (preferably iPhone)

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Droopy_TX, Oct 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    Hey all,

I am looking for recommendations for a SPL / RTA app for the iPhone. I know this has been asked previously, but the prior thread was back in 2017; and offerings in this area change pretty fast.

I am not looking to conduct scientific studies or manage a studio with it. It's just to keep the band playing at an acceptable (or management-mandated) level, and for identifying feedback frequencies. So, the SPL meter doesn't need to be super-accurate, and I am okay with using the built-in mic; and the RTA just needs the basics.

It is difficult to tell what some of these apps have to offer for a reasonable cost, since many have gone to the free-to-download model with in-app purchases. I don't mind paying for a good app, but many have also gone to a subscription model. I would prefer to pay once and be done with it. I already too many monthly subscriptions nickel-and-diming my bank account.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
  3. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    Visual Audio
    dB Meter

4. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    Thanks for the quick responses, folks.
    I will check these out.

5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    still like FFT from studio six digital

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 7, 2021