1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Splash!!! (RC Aerial Video Content)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FL Knifemaker, Sep 28, 2008.

1. I'm glad the plane is okay.
    Awesome sound track, too!

And nice Wagoneer (I think)

2. That's my ol' Waggy!! I'm just learning how to do the video edit thing. Getting music ON the track is an accomplishment, timing, etc., is beyond me right now. :p

As of this morning, everything is working except for the $100 camera. I can't complain. In that location just recovering the plane is a small miracle, especially how easy the recovery was. I'm going to upgrade to a much better camera and change the mount on the plane. I'll be back in the air very soon :)

3. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    That was an Awesome vid! Really sorry about the camera it was doing a good job. It even recorded the bubbles at the end. :cool: That area you were flying around was so cool. No wonder they call it Lakeland!

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Awesome vid. What was the name of that song?

5. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    That was fun, Thanks for the share.

6. Thanks!

The first song is "The Rover" by Zepplin

The second song is "Flight of the Icarus" by Maiden

Tha last song is Velvet Revolver's cover of "Money"

7. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    What brand and size LiPo's are you using? Super long flight times. Also what new camera will you be getting? I really liked the wing mount location, perfect non obstructed footage. :hyper:

8. It's a no name brand that one of the Rock Crawler guys puts together. It's a 11 volt, 1300mah, 20c, I think it has 6 of those round cell lipos. They can run at fulll power and never even get warm. I'm looking for a Nikon 3700. They can be found cheap and picture quality is excellent.

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Nice. Cool vid man. :D

10. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Well I can see why they call it Lakeland, FL. :D

You're a much braver pilot than I. I still need a place to bail when things go wrong. :crying:

Cool vid. Thanks for posting.

11. It might not look like it, but there is PLENTY of space to land. Really, the water isn't a concern at all unless something goes wrong as in the video. If you watched any of the other flights on my Vimeo page you can see that none of the terrain I fly over is very friendly :) That's part of the fun!! I even push my luck flying over the water, lower than the land I'm standing on. I think that can be seen in the video. I flew my other SPEEDY plane their that day also, no problem. My regular flying field is surrounded by swamp which is very hard to recover a downed plane.

12. I could have used you for the rescue Maki!!! There was a gator sitting by the boat ramp and one right across from where the plane went down. They were small ones but I know MUCH bigger ones hang out there. I waited for the plane to drift over were I could wade out in knee deep water to grab it :) I figured that the way my luck was going, I didn't need to push it any farther!!

13. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

I'm still new to it. I can see that you're much more experienced. I hope to be that comfortable soon. I live near a large lake and would like to get some pontoon floats for my Super Cub someday.

14. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Very cool video! I'm glad to hear that your plane made it through the swim okay.

15. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Man FL, That is some "bassy" looking water. Do you fish that stuff or just fly over? I'd bet there's some hogs in there. :hyper:

16. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Were you flying the Slow-Stik pictured in your "Wings Over WalMart" still?

17. I fish there often. It's pretty heavily fished but there ARE some HAWGS in there. I have better fishing holes around the same area but the creek isn't bad at all. Years ago, a woman caught an 11 pounder at a company picnic we had there, on a worm and bobber :)

18. Yes, the Slow Stick is my Aerial Video platform plane. It takes a licki'n and keeps on flyin!!!

19. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Great video. That cheap camera really did a good job.