1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Split-Screen Covers / DT Tribute - 2nd Song: Metropolis Pt.1 (MM Bongo 6)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by felipecampos, Oct 4, 2009.

1. felipecampos

felipecampos

May 10, 2006
    Hey.

Once again, my brother Thiago, my friends César and Paulinho and I joined forces. We've just finished the 2nd song for our Split-Screen Covers / DT Tribute project on youtube.

For those who don't know, we started off the project covering "Lifting Shadows Off a Dream" a few months ago with a guest vocalist from Venezuela called José "Chego". It was a great experience.

For this 2nd song we chose Metropolis Pt.1 from DT's Images and Words album. We wanted a classic DT song that required some more chops than the first one, so this seemed like an obvious choice.

This time our guest vocalist was Will Shaw, aka Unflexablegrace, the "guy who sings DT in his car". Some of you might've seen his videos. Great singer, it was a pleasure having him collab with us!

The deal was the same. Everyone records audio and video and sends it to my brother Thiago for mixing and editing. We worked hard on this one... Enjoy!

This was the first time I got to record my new Bongo 6. It sounds really, really cool.

Video:

Cheers!!:bassist:

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Nice! that was really good; very much excellent. :bassist::bassist:

3. Herrlster

Herrlster

Oct 27, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    That was friggin' amazing. Good job to everybody on that. That singer is awesome.

4. Vomish

Vomish

Sep 22, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    I'll second that. Not my cup-o-tea but GREAT playing, killer vocals and love the Bongo.

5. Incredible job!

6. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    Speechless. He sings better than Labrie!:bag:

7. +1. You guys can play. The singer definitely 'brings it.'

8. ya thats intense, and that guy's voice is friggin amazing

9. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    AMAZING!!!

10. Hyperfreak

Hyperfreak

Jul 29, 2009
    Chantilly, VA
    Independent Recording Artist
    Ridiculous. You guys are some of the few who can do a piece like that justice, thank you so much for sharing.

11. micximus

micximus

Sep 30, 2009
    Awesome.

Your singer is way better than JL.