spliting into 2 amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman210, Jul 9, 2001.

1. how do i "split" into two amp heads?

if that makes any sense at all please respond. if it doesn't respond anyway
  2. Morley ABY or any A/B splitter should do the trick.
    Or a Stereo Chorus pedal.
    Or any multi-effect or stomp box that has stereo outs.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    this seems to be a new trend, considering all the threads on this topic lately.
  4. If you've got an effects pedal, then you can put a 1/4" splitter in it's output and run two leads into each head. Works for my guitarist;)

However, if you want different effects on each head, or dirty and clean sounds, then an A/B switcher is the only way to go, I'm afraid.
  5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    What's the desired result? Running the same signal into two amps at the same time? Biamping? Wanking?

Need more info;)

BTW once you really understand how amps work and the switching capabilities you'll be amazed at what you can come up with, like biamp or full range with different effects running, like compressing the bottom and using the same compression with a chorus on the other amp, etc. All kinds of goofiness awaits...but you have to understand it first:D
  6. i get it, I get it.:) thankz everyone
  7. go to guitargeek.com and check out robbie merril's setup. That might be what he's gettin at, but probably not to that extent.
  8. The scary thing is is that guitargeek is out of date. The lone 4x10's are now 8x10's, and each 1x15 or 1x18 has a 1x12 under/above it!

I think he brought out the 1x12's to add better projection. Like, he won't biamp to each 1x12 and 1x15 or 1x12 and 1x18, but he was making use of the physical projection properties of the 1x12's. The 8x10's seem to me to be to either equal volume or make more of a wall:D
  9. :eek::eek: That guy is insane!!!! I thought the out of date setup was scary!!!!:eek:
  10. You should have seen the guitarist's rig... I swear, there must have been a 6x12 for his bass, low-mids, mid-mids, high-mids, treble, presence AND each of his effects...:eek:

Now that's ego for ya:mad:
  11. Damn I gotta get their rigs! Their egos might be big but I bet their tone kicks ass live!
  12. They were almost studio quality live...I'd hate to think about the drummer setup to be heard over all that ****...probably had his own PA channel, along with Sully...