Splitting bass signal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jayrod32, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Jayrod32

Jayrod32

Jan 9, 2012
    I've seen this topic covered but I can't find an answers that help my specific question.

My band has 1 guitarist and I'm looking to fill out the background more (i.e.: Royal Blood style setup).

I'm working with:
    1 bass amp
    Boss TU-2
    Boss LS-2
    Micro Pog (to emulate the guitar)
    Sansamp GT-2 (for guitar distortion)
    Various bass effects

I'm looking to split my bass signal (making one the "guitar" signal) while being able to switch between bass alone, guitar alone and blended.

BUT I'm trying to keep my bass effects ONLY on the bass signal, accessible at all times.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Badwater

Badwater

Jan 12, 2017
    Perhaps a A, B, switch box would work.

3. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    One way of doing this is to have all the guitar effects in the LS-2 loop mixed with the bass effects to a degree of your like. Hit the pedal, and you have the bass and the guitar. Hit it again, and it is the bass only.

Tuner first, and the ls-2 (guitar effects in the loop), and whatever bass effects you have after.

Edit: now i thought again and realized that this won't work.. lemme think again :)

How about this: You split the signal, and have the guitar effects on one side, and the bass on the other. Then have another splitter, but use it the other way around (two signal in, one out) and have a mute at the end of the guitar effects chain?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  4. CRich0205

CRich0205

Feb 17, 2013
    Kansas
    Bass to tuner then into the A input. Effects looped through the B input set the dial to A and B and you should be able to toggle the effected B loop on and off to bypass your guitar sound

5. Jayrod32

Jayrod32

Jan 9, 2012
    Regarding a A,B,Y...I'm not sure where I would put it.

To be more specific...the pedals I have and what want to do is:

----------------------
    Bass -> The Drop -> Tuner ->

Then I want 2 channels:
    (I guess it would be 3 if you count them blended)

Boss LS2

(Bass signal)
    Sans BDDI -> Env. Filter -> Comp. -> Flanger -> Chorus

(Guitar)
    Micro Pog -> Sans GT2

-> Amp

-----------------------

I guess I could run one through the A loop, one through the B loop (A/B mix setting) with mute switches on each channel....

I'm just trying to do this as simple as I can and don't want to have to buy 2 mute switches.

6. This guy is using a lot of the same pedals as you so check this out.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021