Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

splitting my signal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Dec 7, 2005.

1. MODS: i wasn't sure where to post this, i posted it in Misc. as well, delete if necessary....

anyone know of a good signal splitter? i learned an old trick to beef up some bass lines and i need a CLEAN guitar amp to fatten up the frequency in some sections. I will most like be using a Marshall tube 10" combo behind my 8x10 or i might make an isolation box. This is only for CLEAN lines, i'm not intorested in any distortion. I also have a Fender Twin available. Do i need anything to reduce the power going to the Combo?? Any Splitter i should use? help, yo..... :D

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    ART and Morely both make ABY boxes that you could use. But if you really want to do it on the cheap, just get a Y cord from Radio Shack. It sounds the same...the only drawback is they're a little delicate.

3. psi

psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Boss LS-2

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Morley ABY always worked for me.

From now on, don't post duplicate threads. Start one and it'll be moved to where it needs to be if anything.