1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SPOLIER MotoGP SPOILER

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ulrich, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Big ups to Nickey Hayden.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Never in my life have I been so happy with outcome of a sporting event.

#69=#1

2. about time!!! is he still on the rc51???

3. Nope he's on the RC211V V5 Honda

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Inactive

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Poor Rossi.

5. Yeah, I suppose. Still, his five premier class titles should comfort him.

At least Rossi crashed, due to his own mistake. Unlike, poor Nickey, who two weeks ago, through no fault of his own, was taken out by his own team mate, Dani Pedrossa.

6. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    USA! USA! etc

:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

Lets see him win it next year on a Harley then. :p

7. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    UK
    I wanted Rossi to win, but congrats to Nicky Hayden.. if you get the most points, you win the championship, and he won fair & square

Nicky was unlucky to be taken out by Pedrosa, but when you look at Rossi's season he's had some terrible luck of his own... a tyre disintegrated causing him to pull out of 1 race, and his engine blew up, causing him to pull out of another... to come within 5 points of the championship after 3 DNF's (and to pull back a 50 point deficit within 5 races) is no mean achievement either

8. He IS the man!!

I still think I could lose him in the Florida Alps twisties though!!:p

9. Rossi's still the greatest. I'll not be painting over the 46s on my lid any time soon.

By the looks of things Dani redeemed himself, by riding behind Nicky, and not letting anyone past.

10. karrot-x

karrot-x Inactive

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Fixed it for you.

If I had Rossi's bike, I'd die immediately. This is why I stick with my XJ600.

11. Congratulations to Nicky. Back when I rode, I never missed his races. As long as Haga never won, I was happy! :D

12. karrot-x

karrot-x Inactive

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Next year there is no more 900cc class, right? The max is going to be 800. Is Honda going to have an advantage in this? They already have a few 800cc production bikes. I wonder what Yamaha is going to do with their M1.

13. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    Yeah they will coz they have Danny Pedrosa. I think there's a good chance that everyone is going to be chasing him next year on the 800s.

14. Yeah Harley USA. LOL Showa forks, Mikuni carb, Nissin brakes, and hordes of Chinese made licensed products.

Hell, he'd be better of on a US made Gold Wing.

I suppose Italians shouldn't be proud of Rossi, because he doesn't ride for Ducati. :spit:

15. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    I'm in awe of Troy Baylis for walloping everyone at the last round. Not because we're both Australian but because the man put in a truely amazing ride.

I also think Hayden did a good job on his Japanese bike with French tyres.

:spit: right back atcha!! ;)

16. cowsgomoo

Feb 8, 2003
    UK
    I suppose the argument is that 800's are more like 250's in terms of weight/power/the importance of a good line through corners etc, so the old 250 riders will have more of an advantage over people like Colin Edwards or Nicky Hayden who came up through superbikes.. and he's a tiny guy so a lighter bike ought to suit him a bit better...

and he did well considering it was his first season up from 250's but I haven't seen enough to think he'll be ahead of Rossi, who also comes from 250's and has a long history of sucessfully & quickly changing his riding style to adapt to new classes

I'd like to see Biaggi back for 800's, that'd be exciting :)

my prediction for next season :) (feel free to post yer own and we'll come back in a year to compare) :

1. Rossi
    2. Pedrosa
    3. Hayden
    4. Capirossi
    5. Melandri

Stoner could do well if he could stop crashing, after Pedrosa a v impressive rookie in 2006

17. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    I could agree with everything you said CGM but that's no fun. ;)

It's not just that the smaller bike should suit Pedrosa, I also think that in the first year at least with the 800 honda is likely to produce a better engine than yamaha. I really don't think Hayden has the raw speed to beat Pedrosa, though he's improving, and I don't know if the other honda riders have the consistency.

I'm a huge Rossi fan, but Pedrosa's record is very good. It's better in 250s than Rossi and he also scored more points than Rossi in his first season on the big bangers. And he's a tough little bloke, make no mistake. I'm hoping that yamaha is hurting badly enough from losing that they pull out all the stops with their development. I reckon it's going to be a great season.

Yeah I don't know what's with Stoner. I think he's very talented. I'm hoping he does better with ducati because they have the experience in setting up a motogp bike. I reckon Stoner did fantastically well when you consider that LCR had never run a motogp bike before.

If I could wave a magic wand I'd like to see Garry McCoy on a competetive bike. Not because he's Aussie but because he's one of the real old school hard men of racing.

18. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    It's early days and it proves nothing but did you see the times from the first test of the 800cc honda at Valencia?

Nicky Hayden, Repsol Honda: 1m 33.66s – 87 laps.
    Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda: 1m 33.21s – 73 laps.

Pedrosa was 1 tenth slower than his best lap on the 990 during the race. Honda is off to an impressive start.

19. cowsgomoo

Feb 8, 2003
    UK

did you see the pictures of Hayden on the 800? it was tiny... it looked like a mini moto :)

Yamaha aren't doing so shabbily either... how about 1.32.70 :)

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Rossi-back-on-top---with-800-~cid~6~id~139779.htm

apparently Rossi managed a lap on the new 800cc bike 0.224 seconds faster than Sunday's fastest race lap (Capirossi on the Ducati)

next season should be great :bassist:

[​IMG]

20. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    Ohhhhhhh...... Now you've gone and done it CGM. How am I going to wait until March now? That's an amazing time from Rossi. Stoner is going well on the Ducati too. New team, new bike, new tyres and a poofteenth quicker than Capirossi. Shaping up as a great contest.