Spongebob Squarepants?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassistJess, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Okay this is going to sounds REALLY bizarre, but I it's important. Well, I play bass in my high school pep band. We're looking for new music to play, so I willingly said that I'd arrange some crazy songs for us to play. Now, we're all Spongebob fans and I was thinking as a joke to the basketball players (who make fun of the band) to play the Spongebob Squarepants theme at games. It was just freak everyone out. However, I cannot find the guitar OR bass tab to it anywhere! Does anyone know where I might be able to find it? Sorry, I know this is crazy and stupid, but it's for my band! :rolleyes:
  2. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I don't think it's crazy or stupid, (you should hear me wail on some Legend of Zelda stuff :D ) but seriously... that bassline is only like, two or three notes.

Or... wait, are you talking about the opening theme song? Or the closing music, during the credits?
  3. I'm looking for the "who lives in a pineapple under the sea...etc etc etc" song. You know, the opening song. I'm arranging it so it's gonna be sweet for my bass. You know when Spongebob does that thing with his nose at the end of the song? Well, my bass is going to do that...anywho, yea, that's the song I need. It'll rock, once I find the tab for it.

Oh, I have a website that rocks for video game music tablature. I can't think of it at the moment, but i'll get it to you. :D
  4. Official SpongeBob Lyrics:

Ahoy there, kids! Ready to sing the
    SpongeBob SquarePants theme song?

I can't hear you!

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    SpongeBob SquarePants!

Absorbent and yellow and porous is he.
    SpongeBob SquarePants!

If nautical nonsense be something you wish.
    SpongeBob SquarePants!

Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish.
    SpongeBob SquarePants!
    SpongeBob SquarePants!
    SpongeBob SquarePants!
    SpongeBob SquarePants!

Sponge--Bob Square---Pants!

Ah ha ha ha ah har har har....
  5. i know the lyrics...i need the tab. my dad has informed me that the music to Barnacle Bill the Sailor is exactly the same. I think I'm going to try it. :p
  6. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    hey once you find the spongebob theme put the link in this thread so I can jam :D
  7. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000

ask them for tabs at Juliard sweets. ;) :D
  8. I doubt if you'd find tab for something like that...it should be easy enough to pick the root notes out by listening and build a bassline around them.

500 posts!

(50 of them useful, i'm sure! :D )