1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sports Manners: Bag Over Head

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Time Monkey, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    What is the proper way to go about wearing a bag over ones head when attenting a sporting event?

Our local ECHL team is just horrible. Not only do they manage to give up 4 goal leads, they manage to do it without seeming to care.

I've decided to attend tommorows festivities with a nice brown paper bag over my head. Maybe shame them into caring.

Do I wait for them to start sucking before I dawn the bag, or do I place the garment on my head promptly upon reaching my seat?

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    This is a Fassa thread in which you are bragging about attending a sporting event with a bag over your head and making an pretend issue about when to put the bag over your head.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Busted.

And bagged.

bc

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Eh, not sure about the bragging. It's a minor league hockey game. I figure maybe 20 people in all of TBOT even know what ECHL stands for in this context.

As for the subject at hand. If it were me, I would put on the bag when the game started. But I wouldn't do such a thing no matter how poorly my team was playing.

-Mike

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Some people might get the wrong impression and just think you're ugly. But if you are, then it all kind of works out no matter what. :)

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Nah, that post isnt nearly as grandiose or show-offy enough to be a Fassa thread.

Its not like he said he plays hockey... while speaking serbian.

7. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Most Important: paper NOT plastic

8. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Start with paper.

If they REALLY start to sucking, switch to plastic.