Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spot the difference?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by CJ_Marsicano, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Hair metal tribute bands (like this one from my area: http://www.monstersofrock.info) - the new Sha-Na-Na, only with Aqua Net instead of Brylcreem? Discuss.

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    And your point is?

If a musical style is GOOD (and I will not bother to argue whether hair metal is or not) just because a newer style comes into fashion doesn't make the old style BAD.

3. G,

Not sure where you even read that in my opening post. I was trying to take something in a humorous direction, hence the location of my post. Don't make me have to say that the only point at present is on top of your head :p

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I would call them Monstrocities Of Rock but that's just me. Whatever floats their boat to be honest, I wouldn't play hair metal but that's me not them. On an utterly off topic note, Monsters Of Rock was the old name for the Donnington music festival held annually at Donnington Park in the UK. It was renamed Download when Kerrang took over the running of it.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    "...began guitar lessons at age ten where he quickly lost interest in all the musical theory mumbo jumbo..."

I randomly clicked a bio and found this gem. ^