1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sprained Left Wrist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by nfblackburn13, Jun 2, 2014.

1. About 6 days ago I suffered a mild to medium sprained wrist from playing basketball and landing directly on my left palm. For a couple of days my wrist had limited motion and was slightly discolored, but since then the mobility and pain has gotten a lot better with icing and compression. That being said, I've tried playing a couple of times the past couple of days, but I experience pain when shifting into different positions of the bass where I have to rotate my wrist (ie around the crook of the neck and playing on the E string in lower positions). I don't want to exacerbate the injury because I am going to a festival in a few weeks and want to be 100% by then. My doctor said it wasn't a fracture and my grip and finger movement are fine so what are ways I can mitigate the healing process over the next couple weeks? Would a slint help?