1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

spring cleaning

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kevopunk, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Kevopunk

Kevopunk

Mar 9, 2009
    First off, I am new to this forum. I've been playing for about 20 years off and on. I currently play in a cover band - 70s to today rock, southern rock, hairband rock, and the occasional country song.

The rig I own is the same rig I played with since 1989, with a couple changes:

GK800 head
    Hartke 4x10 and a 2x10
    Boss GT-6B

Now, the Boss GT-6B I got last year as a gift. I use maybe 2% of what it can do. Mainly I use it for the pre-amp and the compressor. Occasionally I use the octave and chorus effect. Back in the day, I used the Boss pedals for both octave and chorus which i loved. Also, I tend to go direct out of the GT-6B direct to the board rather than go out of the amp since I mainly have it flat.

So, my questions is - do I really need to be lugging around this big red effects board when I don't really the effects on it? My thought was to get a rackmounted compressor and a tuner, then just use my old pedals I have that work just fine. I guess I am looking for some opinions and ideas on this. Also, Thinking about the Sans Amp bass driver for a pre amp - I never am happy with the sound I get out of the GK - but it has been going strong for years - it is very reliable and does well as a power amp.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kev

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Sure, sounds like a good idea.

3. totalimmortal08

totalimmortal08

Jan 21, 2008
    sounds great, go with it