1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Springin' for a custom!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by millsbass5, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Well,the G.A.S. has finally overwhelmed me.I've been fighting it for quite a while,but finding a VERY local builder has pushed me to that point.His name is Roger Morillo (www.rogermorillo.com).He will be the one building my dream bass.For body woods I will go with ash,as for the top cap,it's anybody's guess.Whatever catches my eye.Combined with a birdseye maple neck/fingerboard.In my collection,I also have a '75 Jazz.I've always wanted a 5-string version of that bass.So,for what it's worth,I'm going to try and have it built to emulate the sound of my favorite bass,with a modern twist,active electronics.

Basically,I would like it to have the tonal characteristics of the jazz with all the modern gadgetry of today's basses.I've ran across a couple of 4-band electronics,but the names of the companies that produces them has slipped my mind.Anybody know of any 4-band active electronics?

Also,one of the benefits of this build will be that I will be present for the majority of it.I know that has to be a dream of many a player out there,watching your own bass being produced,in front of your own eyes.I don't have any kids,so,it'll be like witnessing the birth of a child.(Is that sick,or what?Really,is it?).

I'll be posting from time to time to get everyone's opinion on certain aspects of the build.Such as electronics,pups,and colors and such.Any suggestions now?Fire away!!

While it's on my mind,check out the website.He uses some woods that I've never heard of for building basses/guitars.Who knows?Maybe he's on to something with some of the woods he's using.His basses have gotten good reviews in Bass Player magazine.

One more time:www.rogermorillo.com / or / www.fretnfiddle.com

2. adube810

adube810

Mar 6, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    if you can find a EBMM bongo preamp you would truly be golden