1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SQ Squier P bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nozebleeds, Oct 13, 2013.

1. I've been playing my SQ P Bass for the past few months and its the best bass i have ever played. I liked it much more than a 71 P bass i played next to it at a gig!
    The only thing i could want more in a bass is a bridge pickup and a few more frets. So my question is does anyone here know the specs of the neck of a SQ P bass? (Fret size, neck contour, Nut width and radius)

2. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Congrats for being happy with your bass
    Forgive me please for couple of question

#1: "a bridge pickup and a few more frets" means, by definition, different bass from a proper Precision. I mean: are you lookin' for a P/J?
    Good: a single bridge pickup more, yet no frets more;
    Are you lookin' for 24 frets? You know: a Spector, a Warwick Streamer, early Ibanez Verdine White or Doug Wimbish basses, alright... No Precision by the way;

#2: what do ya mean with "SQ" Squier Precision?

Cheers,
    Wallace

3. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

I got a VM Squier P end of last year at a great price, then traded the neck for a VM Jazz neck - and it is just super ! It sounds and plays great. However, I made one more change - installed a Fralin pickup I had tried before in other basses, and it was amazing in the Squier. This is now my most played bass and it looks nice, too. These are fantastic instruments.