1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squackett, Chris Squire and Steve Hackett is out!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Duke21, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Duke21

Duke21

Nov 14, 2010
    Narvik, Norway
    Not sure how many are aware that Chris Squire and Steve Hackett came out with a new CD, Squackett is the name. Funny.
    I'm listening to it right now. One thing is sure. If you like Steve Hackett you will like this one. Squire plays the bass and sing on many of the songs. Sound promising so far, I'm listening to the album right now, as I write. So far I like it.

2. wagdog

wagdog

Mar 20, 2000
    Der Waffle Haus
    I didn't know about this release so thanks for that. Downloading now...

3. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Chris Squire - bass, vocals
    Steve Hackett - guitars, vocals
    Roger King - keyboards
    Jeremy Stacey - drums

Here are some more tracks. Very Cool stuff.

Sea Of Smiles

4. Duke21

Duke21

Nov 14, 2010
    Narvik, Norway
    Cool stuff indeed.
    For the persons who follow Steve Hackett, this album will sound quite familiar regarding the style.
    I'm a big fan of Steve and I love many of his instrumental songs. As a vocalist he is ok, but not great. So, regarding this album, adding Squire (which in my eyes is a superb vocalist) is a BIG plus. Steve didn't have such a great bass player and vocals since his Voyage Of The Acolyte debut album.
    Back then it was Mike Rutherford on bass, Phil Collins on drums and vocals, and Annie Haslam on vocals as well. The Voyage is seen by Genesis fans as one of the greatest Genesis albums... :)
    Aliens is such a great song with Chris on vocals and bass.
    Divided self is a classical Hackett style song with his singing guitar.
    Sea of smiles is very nice with Squire aggressive bass tone. I think it is NOT his Rick here, but his green Mouradian bass.

5. greggster59

greggster59

Oct 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    Squire sounds like he's having a lot of fun on these tracks!

6. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    Kinda underwhelmed by the tracks I've heard, but I'm just glad Squire is still making music.

7. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    Finally got around to downloading this record and I'm glad I did. Lots of great stuff on here. Great sounding record through some nice headphones for sure. I especially like how this recording stands on its own and doesn't really remind me of Genesis or Yes. At least not in the classic sense.