Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

squashing rumours

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by ivorygums, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Someone told me once that he had some bootleg stuff of Mike Watt, with like, Eddie Vetter and possibly he said Dave Grohl. I didn't believe him, but i thought i should waste everyone's time and ask Mike if theres any glimmer of truth to that.

Dig.

"we're motorin'... what's your price for flight?"

2. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I have a video of one of those shows. Yes they did some gigs, along with Pat Smear I think. It was around the Ballhog/Tugboat era.

And I am pretty sure it is Eddie Vedder

3. Grygore

Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I was actually at one of those shows in Albuquerque, NM some years ago. Great show at a small place called the Dingo Bar.

What was cool is that the Foo Fighters opened for Mike Watt (this was before many knew who they were), and Eddie Vedder was in a wig and overalls playing guitar. Took me a few to realize who that was, and you should have seen how packed that place got when word got out....

Not sure but I think Hovercraft played as well, but I got there as Foo Fighters were taking stage.

I thought Mike Watt kicked serious butt that night, was an awsome show indeed!

4. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

yes, the first tour for my "ball-hog or tugboat" record was w/the foo fighters and hovercraft on the "ring spiel" (as in wrestling ring) tour during march/april of 1995. ed vedder and dave grohl were the core of my band w/william goldsmith and pat smear joining in on some songs. it was a trippy tour. I dug it. it was my first tour as a "solo" fartist.

on bass, watt

5. Stick O'Dbwee

Stick O'Dbwee

Oct 21, 2002
    Arizona
    speaking of special appearances....

my sister said that she thinks she saw you in a punk music video the other day. I forget what band she said it was for but you were reading a jury verdict in a court room.

Was she right? Did she see you and if so what was the bands name. She said you looked alot thinner than she remembered but you were flyin' the flannel as always. :)

6. watt

hi,

this young guys in a band from dc called good charlotte asked me to play a jury foreman in a video for their tune "lifestyles of the rich and famous." I say two lines: "we've reached a verdict, you honor - we find the defendants..."

on bass, watt

7. I saw it on Monday, and have subjected myself to a sickening amount of MTV since, trying to catch it again.
    'Twas the funniest thing...I recognized the flannel before I recognized you.
    KFS

8. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    kung fu, watt
    I noticed the flannel at first too!
    wow.
    Me and my girlfriend were sitting on the couch with a bag of stale salsa doritos and some walmart brand dr peppers; we were watching muchmusic and i happened to notice mike.
    I screamed "I KNOW THAT MAN!"
    shes like really?
    im like "well.. hes a talkbasser and one helluva bassist"
    shes like
    "oh, thats mike watt?"
    im like "YUP!"
    the end
    thanks mike.. for kickin loads of arse with the
    four banger. *thumbs up*

9. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    i just downladed the video to see that, awesome

10. watt

hi,

what link to you use to d/l that video? cats have been asking me about that.

thanks in advance.

on bass, watt

11. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    i didn't use any site, i just downloaded it from kazaa. sorry if this wasn't much help

12. watt

hi,

that's ok, just curious - lots of cats have asked me where to see that on the web.

on bass, watt

13. Hi ya's mike. Saw an article about you in this month's Maxim magazine, it's not the most flattering thing in the world lol. Hope you're feeling better now! I know I'd still be in a world of hurt.

Just figured I'd let you know if you didn't...know.

I gotta go work on my grammar...I don't be typing so good no more.

have a good one.

14. wacktrucks

wacktrucks

Sep 4, 2001
    they have that video on launch.com (they also have a couple of firehose videos) i was half falling asleep with my girlfriend watching mtv the other night when i caught that.....i got real excited and then she had to tell me to calm down.....wasn't expecting that one.
    -rick

15. watt

hi,

not flattering but the truth. I'm lucky to still be here to pluck bass and pedal my bike. you can read more about it here:

http://hootpage.com/hoot_pissbagillness.html

on bass, watt

16. Malcom

Malcom

Oct 21, 2002
    The Midwest
    I'm surprised that's you, not that you'd snub the gys, but that they'd ask you.
    but do you see any Irony? They're singing an anti-rich people song while playing PRS singlecuts, Ernie ball custom jobs, lakeland basses, and Mesa/Boogie amps
    :p

17. watt

malcom,

lots of irony these days w/punk. even in earlier days - wasted youth was from beverly hills!!!

on bass, watt