Squeeze's "Tempted by the fruit of another"

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by callmebono, Jan 28, 2004.

1. For some reason I'm struggling with this one. I know the chords, but cant figure out the bass part exactly. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's just called "Tempted" shorter titles are easier to remeber.

Uhm, I had a guitarist who was a big squeeze fan, and he learned the song and I wasn't that interested in learning it. But he was doing these chords that required him to play all these weird bass notes with his chords. He was twisting his hands around so much until he taught me the bass part.

So what I'm saying is, go to some guitar site, get a chord chart from there, and the bassline will be the bass notes in the chords.
  3. HobbyBass

Nov 17, 2007
    Dredging up an old thread... I have a question about the rhythm of the bass line in "Tempted"...

It seems that the bass notes are played on each of the four beats, but the 1 and the 3 are emphasized (louder, longer?). This is a style that is used sometimes, and it seems similar to the bass line in "Would I lie to you" by Eurhythmics (although much faster).

Here's my question: Is the change in emphasis between the notes done using the plucking or fretting hand (or both)?

I can manage to emulate the effect of this sound with either hand, for example by muting the second note with the fret hand, or plucking the second note with less strength. But neither feels quite natural and it surely doesn't sound as cool.

By changing the plucking hand, it seems harder to groove on this song. I don't (like) to use a pick, but I know that some bassists get away with lots of cool sounds in the studio using a pick and felt mutes. I just wonder what anyone here has to say about the subject. Maybe I just need to practice more.

Edit: maybe I posted this in the wrong forum... ?
  4. Snerek

Jan 12, 2007
    anyone got a bass tab for this song?!!

much needed!
  5. JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    Can't seem to remember where I put that tab. Anyway it should google up for you no problem.

When we were playing it I remember having a little trouble with it because parts of it contain an entire substitution in terms of bass notes. And the feel is a little different too. Cool tune though.

6. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

Also looking for this tab.
  7. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

nevermind, got one from ultimate-guitar.