Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Squier 2 P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by josh_kaprun, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Hello everybody,
    I bought this bass from a pawn shop when I first started playing for about $200. The place usually had it for $400, but they were going out of business and had everything on sale at half off their regular price. After awhile, I noticed something odd about the bass, it said Squier 2 on the headstock. I have never seen another one of these. I've seen plenty of plain Squiers, but I've never seen a Squier 2. It sounds a heck of a lot better than any regular Squier I've ever heard, but I think that may be becuase someone might have replaced the pickups, but I don't know if they're stock pickups or now. Anyway, has anyone else out there in the vast world of bass players ever encountered one of these?

2. I see them pop up on ebay from time to time. The only difference I've seen is the Squier II has rear routing and no pickguard, where the Squier has front routing with a P/G.

Most Squier II's also have matching headstocks. I've never played one, just seen them on ebay.

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    have you ever seen a MIA Squire?
    there is some!

steve

4. my friend has a mia squire start.it better then his 1600$ delux start .he paid 20 bucks for the squire and its allbeat up and it still plays sounds better.

5. ChaosGwar,
    That doesn't sound anything like my bass. Mine looks exactly like a regular Squier P-Bass, except the pickups are white and it says "Squier 2" on the headstock, and it sounds a whole lot better than any regular Squier I've ever heard.

6. I'v seen Squier Bullet bass 2's... the 2 was inside a black star...

7. the pickup covers are the a diffent shape and are the knobs all white too.