1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier 70's Jazzicision :NBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chandman1004, Dec 30, 2020.

1. chandman1004

chandman1004 Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Put together a Squier '70s Precision neck and a '70s Jazz for a really fun bass. I bought a v/t v/t control plate with a parallel/series switch and used that.. Think the brand is 820? Any way, it sounds incredible and is a lot of fun to play....

Attached Files:

InhumanResource, tindrum, JRA and 5 others like this.
  2. C Stone

C Stone

Sep 4, 2020
    USA
    Looks great, the neck screw pattern fit just fine? Was thinkin of putting a p neck on a jazz body I have em both sittin here.

JRA likes this.
  3. chandman1004

Jun 28, 2008
    It fit perfectly, maybe a little tight. But I don't think anyone on talkbass will complain about a tight neck joint. Screw pattern was exact, both being Squier.

JRA likes this.
  4. chandman1004

Jun 28, 2008
    Tone control plate is a 920D custom and it really makes a Jazz configuration versatile. You can have your standard Jazz tones, but flip the switch and it opens a whole new world.

5. C Stone

C Stone

Sep 4, 2020
    USA
    Cool, yea I have had good luck with just about all my Fender/Squier neck swaps. Enjoy!

6. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

lots of folks like to swap out those P or J necks on the Ps and Js --- great move if you prefer the other neck. sounds like the control plate versatility is another smart move. in any case, i'm glad you've got a reliable ax out of your modifications. congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

C Stone likes this.
  7. chandman1004

Jun 28, 2008
    Thanks!

8. Is that "'80's" spacing? The bridge pickup looks like it's 1/2" closer to the bridge than the '70's spacing.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021