Squier Affinity Bronco™ Bass for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by switchftliveson, Jul 24, 2004.

1. switchftliveson

Jul 24, 2004
    I'm just about to start up, and I need some advice on what bass I should get, I prefer squire or fender. My price range $100-$200.
  2. The Bronco is a short scale. I don't know how old you are, but I'd assume you're old enough (at least 12 or so) and have hands big enough to play a 34" bass. The Bronco is 30 something inches, and would be good with someone with small hands, especially a young bassist getting started. I'd say it would be more convenient to start on a full scale bass, so that if you get a new bass it won't be such a huge different in terms of feel, but then again even pros like Stanley Clarke have short scale basses, and Stanley's a pretty tall guy! I'd say any of the Squier Affinity basses are decent and a very good start. I has an Affinity P-bass for a year and a half and it was pretty good. I still have it and play it once in a while.
  3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

i have a squier affinity strat guitar, its really good quality and really inexpensive. im guessing its the same way for basses too. my friend got a squier P bass with an added J pickup, but i dont personaly like it.
  4. PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    squires really vary in quality...for a starter bass in that price range, go to your local shop, check out there basses, get one that feels good, looks like good construction, and have them set it up as part of the deal to buy it, with fresh strings.