Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Squier Affinity P-Bass buzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ibapunk, Dec 25, 2000.

1. ibapunk

ibapunk

Dec 9, 2000
    My bass that I just got Buzzes really really bad and I want to know how to adjust it to stop the buzzing. Thanks for
    any help

2. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    There's probably a million similiar posts on here about this problem.. But it basically boils down to truss rod and bridge saddle adjustments.. Some fret leveling could be involved to, but not usually.. Have a good guitar tech set it up for ya =]

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If it is fret buzz, then it could be technique, or it could be a setup issue like infect posted about.

What does the buzzing sound like?

4. ibapunk

ibapunk

Dec 9, 2000
    The buzz sounds like it hitting the frets...i am pretty sure it is not me. I was messin around with thingy where the string goes through at the bottom(what is that thing anyway?) and raised it up a whole bunch. That fixed the buzz. I guess ill take it to the music store and have em set it up. I broke a string anyway so i got to buy new ones.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yep, sounds like a setup issue.

I meant no offense about the technique comment, I wasn't sure if you were maybe a beginner and hadn't built up hand strenght yet.