Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Squier Bass Pak (with mod)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by prepseb, Feb 5, 2005.

1. prepseb

prepseb

Feb 5, 2005
    Hi folk,

I think I'm gonna buy a Squier Bass Pak (everything is inside) whit a Squier Affinity Series P Bass. Is it good for a beginner, just wanna start playing and jam with my friends, drum and guitar.

For the MOD, I was thinking to take the one bundle in the pak Fender Supposedly a Frontman but look like a Rumble 15w. When i want to play with the lound and noisy drum and guitar I will plug an external 200w amp with a 600watt subwoofer.

Bass----plug in- Real BG Amp--Output---Ampli 200w---Sub 600watt (or a 200watt sub)

Will this work or it will sound weird?

If you have something better, tell me. I can have this bass pak for 500$ CANADIEN at Steve's Music

Thanks! PS: I want to play Alternative, Rock, pop-rock...

2. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The Squier is a good beginners bass.

I'm not sure what you mean by the chain you show. The bass into the small amp then into the big amp? You would have to use the line out on the small amp (if there is one) to go into the 200w amp. Then you would have a lot of low end coming from the subwoofer and the small amp wouldn't even be heard (15w will never compete with 200w). You wouldn't have any mids or highs. I don't think that would sound very good. It would work with a bass guitar speaker instead of a subwoofer.

I don't really have a solution for the amount of money you have to spend. Maybe you could find a used 2x10 bass cab to go with the 200w amp, but that would likely put you over your budget.

3. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    why dun u use it straight into the 200w amp?

4. hahahaha you in montreal? Ummm i dunno i would sggest in investing in a bit better then a squire bass, but if you thik it is a good deal, it is not bad for a beginner! :)

5. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    what's so funny :confused:

6. prepseb

prepseb

Feb 5, 2005
    ok thanks, I will chek this out. Someone know were I can find some used bass and Amp near Montreal.

PS; Quelqu'un de français?