1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Squier Bass VI with Alef Aluminum Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rob Nelson, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Price:
    Strings:
    Mint condition(still had the plastic on the neck plate until I had swapped in the Alef aluminum neck, which I paid $750 straight from Alef) Squier Bass VI with the aforementioned neck and a fresh set of Labellas. I've also swapped out the stock tremolo with a stainless hardtail--the stock trem is included, as is the stock neck. I also dropped in aluminum inserts into the bridge ferrules to help stabilize the bridge--they'll slide right out if need be.

Just installed the neck this weekend, and the sustain and tone it imparts are absolutely amazing. Very clear and chimey, but a nice aggressive bite with some gain/overdrive. Weighs a bit more than a traditional wood neck, but no discernible neck dive. There is a bit of fret buzz from the low E with heavier picking, which seems to be typical of what I've read about the Bass VI. That said, I basically swapped necks with no setup beyond that; a pro setup(I'm no luthier) would probably help alleviate it.

Also includes a nearly new SKB PB/Jazz case with keys. I cut out two small bits of inner foam near the heel and lower horn so the VI would fit snug in the case.

I bought the Bass VI on a whim, and find it just isn't my thing. Will ship anywhere CONUS for $1050 plus up to $100 shipping. I’ll refund any difference if shipping is below $100. I'd consider reasonable offers if you're relatively local to Baltimore and want to pick it up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  2. Wow that is really cool