1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

squier bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kingpin2512, Sep 22, 2008.

1. kingpin2512

kingpin2512

Aug 9, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Right now i have a squier P bass. I have now been looking into a squier vintage modified fretless jazz bass. I have played it at my local music store ,and am wondering what you guys think of the quality.

2. They're probably the best Squeir ever made but youd be better off with a Fender MIM.

3. kingpin2512

kingpin2512

Aug 9, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I have been looking around ,and all the MIMs i have tried just didn't feel that good. Mabey its just me.

4. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I have a Squire, the Deluxe Active V. All I can say is that it is a awesome bass for what you pay. If a MIM doesn't feel as goos as the Squire, then get the Squire. Not all basses will feel good, no matter what name is on the headstock or how much it costs. And for whatever $$ you save over the MIM, you can mod it with a bridge or pups if you want. My squire is fine as it is. Maybe one day down the road, I'll try and Audere or OBP-3...but not any time soon.

5. kingpin2512

kingpin2512

Aug 9, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the reply. I figured this wouldn't be that bad of a second bass.(right now its a squier P bass) I also like that it's fretless.