Squier BP 15... is it any good for the price?!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Punk_Princess19, Sep 13, 2001.

1. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Well, I owned such an amp. And me no likey. Thats about as simple-and subjective-as it gets. But here are my slightly more in-deapth oppinions---it is not well built, and it distorts past 5 on volume. I'm glad I got rid of it. I had to live with it for a year. I didn't move up to ampeg or SWR, but I got a nice 100 watt Crate amp, and my volume/tone issues were solved. Tone was ok at its very best on the Squire. But a beginner price warrants a beginners amp. So, under 100 bones, for just practice, it does its job. But, as always, go to a store-any store-and try some out. Brands like Fender, Peavey, Crate, etc are good to check out. Also, you may want more power, like 20-50 watts. Yeah, thats about it...if you have any specific questions, you'll get much better answers with those...:cool:
  2. liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    They are fine amps for the beginning bassist. It was the first amp I ever got, and it is sufficient for practicing, and playing with friends.
  3. That's the same amp that came with my bass. I like it. It's by no means a "great" amp and is not very loud. It's a good amp to learn to play on. It's a great guitar amp actually. But no, I probably wouldn't buy it.