Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Squier BP 15... is it any good for the price?!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Punk_Princess19, Sep 13, 2001.

1. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Arizona
    Well, I owned such an amp. And me no likey. Thats about as simple-and subjective-as it gets. But here are my slightly more in-deapth oppinions---it is not well built, and it distorts past 5 on volume. I'm glad I got rid of it. I had to live with it for a year. I didn't move up to ampeg or SWR, but I got a nice 100 watt Crate amp, and my volume/tone issues were solved. Tone was ok at its very best on the Squire. But a beginner price warrants a beginners amp. So, under 100 bones, for just practice, it does its job. But, as always, go to a store-any store-and try some out. Brands like Fender, Peavey, Crate, etc are good to check out. Also, you may want more power, like 20-50 watts. Yeah, thats about it...if you have any specific questions, you'll get much better answers with those...:cool:

2. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    They are fine amps for the beginning bassist. It was the first amp I ever got, and it is sufficient for practicing, and playing with friends.

3. That's the same amp that came with my bass. I like it. It's by no means a "great" amp and is not very loud. It's a good amp to learn to play on. It's a great guitar amp actually. But no, I probably wouldn't buy it.