1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Bronco/Jaguar SS vs. Ibanez Mikro bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by George Mann, May 30, 2012.

1. George Mann

George Mann Inactive

May 27, 2012
    Colorado
    I have small hands, and cannot hack the length and fret spacing of a full scale bass ('62 Jazz profile). I have tried all of the usual suspects.

Is there any real advantage of going with an Ibanez Mikro over a Squier Bronco/Jaguar SS?

If so, how?

2. Personal preference, really.

The Mikro is a P/J, like the Squier Jag. So, those are pretty comparable.

But, the Bronco has a single strat pickup in the P position.

I like the Mikro, but on a personal level, i just prefer the Fender aesthetic. I chose a Bronco, and did some upgrading to it. It's one of the best basses i own!

While you're on the Shortscale search, SX makes a nice short scale Jazz bass ( http://www.rondomusic.com/ursa2jrrn3ts.html ). I have the same bass, with a Jaguar body. Strung with flats, it's my main bass these days.

Also, check out the Gretsch G2202 Jr. Jet Bass. It's a wonderfully made short scale with a very true sounding P bass tone.

3. the wako kid

the wako kid

May 11, 2011
    Denver,CO
    also check the fender jag VM special short scale.I'd get one of thos over a bronco anyday.

4. mrbell321

mrbell321

Mar 26, 2012
    N. Colorado
    I also have a Bronco, that I've just finished upgrading:
    [​IMG]

but if you're not into modding, I picked up a Jag SS at the local music shop and it was pretty decent. I'd say the Bronco is ok in factory form, but it sort of cries out to be modded.
    I don't really like the Mikro. Its really just not my style. The Gretsch that Din of Win mentioned is pretty.