1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier Bulletbass -> Dutch Deluxe p-bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by AllodoX, Apr 20, 2002.

1. I've stripped the Squier Bulletbass completely, and dropped it off at a luthier.
    The bulletbass had a dent just below the pickup, and that wasn't very nice..

The luthier will make a routing on that place for an additional humbucker, turning the standard bulletbass into a deluxe p-bass :D

so at the neck there will be an EMG select SEP p-bass humbucker.
    [​IMG]

and at the bridge-position there will be a WSC 4-string humbucker.
    [​IMG]

2. that WSC humbucker looks a lot like ie. identical to, the Kent Armstrong soapbar humbucker I've added to my Hohner B2A.(see attachment)

It's a good pickup, but it's pretty big- longer than a J pickup, and it's a bit odd using it as a thumbrest, so I've added a bit of plastic as one instead.

make sure you wire in a series/parallel/single-coil toggle switch for the bridge humbucker- it adds a lot of versatility;)

3. yeah.. but how do i do that ?

It has 3 wires.. one ground and 2 leads..
    If you want to add a parallel/serial switch you need 2 leads and 2 grounds.. :(

b.t.w. it's not a Kent Armstrong pickup..
    it's a WooSung Chorus pickup :)

http://www.wscmusic.com

4. interesting- I had a look at the WSC website.

their range (and particularly the "Partsline" pickups) of pickups look VERY similar to the Kent Armstrong range-

I think that at least they must be made in the same Korean factory- Kent Armstrong's pickups stocked by WD products are made by "Dong Ho Electronics" (childish giggles:p) in Korea.
    www.kentarmstrong.com

also WSC have Musicman-style pickups with exposed polepieces that look like the ones fitted to OLP Stingrays (ie. the 5string in particular with the non-Ernie Ball 'ray shape) and the infamous Copley basses.

-and also Jazz-style pickups with huge exposed polepieces like those fitted to the new Bass Collection basses.