1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Squier by Fender Precision Bass JV SQ 1983-1984 RARE BIRD LOOK!!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Marc61, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Marc61

Marc61

Jul 29, 2007
    Greater NY Area
    Price:
    $1000
    Strings:
    I'm calling it a JV SQ. Check out the neck on this. No plug, no skunk stripe. Take a look at the pencil marks on the neck and the way the truss rod against the rosewood board. Truly rare to see this and another sign it's a JV neck for sure. It also has an American pickup. Yes another JV sign. Plate says SQ but, zero as first numeral makes me think it was early. Serial number dates it to 83-84 made at the Fuji-gen Plant. Well known for quality manufacturing. Recent pro set up. Weight approx 8lbs. Will get nut measurement later. The bass will be properly packed and shipped with a gig bag. It ships from LA area and will need 48 to 72 hours from payment to shipping.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    R&B likes this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    What's a JV Neck? So is this basically a 83 84 Fender with a Squire decal?, it's very nice...

3. JV is Japan Vintage. This is an '83 or '84 Japanese P under the the Squier name.

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  4. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Wish i would of picked one of these up when i was in Okinawa back in 84..GLWYS

5. Very sweet basses these, with a delicious vintage '62 tone. GLWTS.

Marc61 likes this.