1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Squier by Fender Vintage Modified 77 Jazz Bass - Sunburst - Like New

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tlite, Feb 28, 2017.

1. tlite

tlite

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    Price:
    Strings:
    DESCRIPTION:
    Squier (by Fender) Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '77 3-Color Sunburst

This bass is like new. I bought it new from Guitar Center in September. I purchased it as a second bass that I could keep at my office and practice with during breaks during lunch, etc., but I haven't been able to at all as my company just keeps me busy if I'm there.

It has been played unplugged in an office for maybe a half hour total. It has been sitting in the box in the corner of my office pretty much ever since. Pickguard, pickups, plates, are still covered with the clear plastic wrap.

If you haven't played a Squier recently and are wondering how they compare to Fender, etc. Google it and look at some reviews on this bass. They are solid, and the Vintage Modified series is one of the most respected affordable bass series out there. It is really a VERY nice instrument.

Price INCLUDES shipping to most US destinations.

SALE
    Payment strongly preferred through the Square Cash app as they don't charge fees usually. However, I can accept Paypal as well.

TRADE
    Looking for a decent reactive power attenuator (Rock Crusher or Hot Plate maybe), acoustic-electric classical/nylon string guitar, baritone acoustic guitar. Might consider a Jaguar style bass or a G&L SB-2 Tribute Open to other stuff as well.

Local pickup available in the Orlando area.

OVERVIEW
    Squier's Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '77 returns you to the age of funk and the dawn of punk with sleekly offset agathis (Black and three-color sunburst finishes) and soft maple (Amber finish) bodies, dual Fender-designed pickups and a slim "C"-shaped maple neck with a vintage-tint gloss finish. Other features include a white-bound 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets and stylish white pearloid block inlays, three-ply black pickguard, four-saddle bridge, black plastic control knobs, and open-gear tuners. Super '77 sound and feel for today's bassists, with superior Squier performance and value.

FEATURES
    Agathis body
    Polyester body finish
    Maple neck
    Vintage tint gloss neck finish
    "C" Shape neck
    Maple fretboard
    20 Medium jumbo frets
    Synthetic bone string nut
    Pearloid block position inlays
    Fender-designed single-coil Jazz Bass bridge and middle pickups
    Volume 1., Volume 2. and Master Tone controls
    4-Saddle standard bridge
    Chrome hardware finish
    Standard open-gear tuning machines

SPECIFICATIONS
    Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
    Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
    Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)

PHOTOS
    DSC_0227.JPG DSC_0222.JPG DSC_0223.JPG DSC_0224.JPG DSC_0225.JPG DSC_0226.JPG DSC_0228.JPG DSC_0229.JPG DSC_0230.JPG DSC_0231.JPG DSC_0232.JPG DSC_0233.JPG DSC_0234.JPG DSC_0235.JPG DSC_0236.JPG DSC_0237.JPG DSC_0238.JPG DSC_0239.JPG DSC_0240.JPG DSC_0241.JPG

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. lowdownnotes

lowdownnotes

Feb 24, 2014
    NY
    I own this one in black. I use it for my funk band, a top forty thing and a gospel trio, and let me tell you, this bass has such a clear and beautiful tone. And light weight. Excellent bass.

bassguyky48 and tlite like this.
  3. tlite

tlite

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    Going, going... I have this listed on eBay and just got an offer in but would rather sell it here. If anyone wants it at $270 shipped let me know by the end of the day- otherwise it's... gone.