1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Classic Vibe 50s PBass - Neck options that will work???

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Toddbass65, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Toddbass65

Toddbass65 Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2012
    So, I've always wanted to grab one of the Classic Vibe 50s PBasses, just never quite had the money to pull the trigger on a new one. But I was just able to grab a gorgeous loaded body at a reasonable price. So now I need to find a neck to go with it...and it's square heeled neck. So I'm asking for those who have worked with this to help me out with finding a neck to finish this bass off! I Actually like thin/narrow necks, so the original neck may not even be the best choice for me as I know the stock neck is kinda chunky :). Please post any links if you have one for a purchase option. I'm wondering if one of the Rondo SX necks can be made to work, as those are really a good bang for the buck I know (have played a couple and they were very good).
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    View attachment 2862485

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Your standard Fender/Squier neck with a round heel will work. You can use it as a pattern to build one with a square heel, as a temporary measure until you find a square heeled neck, or even as a permanent solution.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Toddbass65 likes this.
  3. mrb327

mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Nobody Knows
    For what people want for used fender necks, you can get a neck built by the gentleman doing the conversion necks. Just specify 34” scale.
    The 32” neck he built me was one of the best necks I’ve ever played, far better than most Fender necks

Check the talk bass bazaar for the thread

Toddbass65 likes this.