1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Squier Classic Vibe 50's Precision CUSTOM

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 4OnTheFloor, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I purchased this bass new, Squier CV 50's P bass single coil in Lake Placid Blue w/maple fretboard. With the help of a co-worker's CNC table, I installed a Hanson Chi-Sonic humbucker. I took the thick poly finish off the back of the neck with some 0000 steel wool. I changed the pots to 500kohm and installed an orange-drop capacitor. I also replaced the jack plate with a football style and a switchcraft jack and shielded the cavity. I have a single coil version of this pickup in the same package, I had bought one first. There was too much hum, even with shielding, so I replaced it with the HC pup. I will include the SC pup in the sale, almost like getting two basses at once.
    The bass has the standard small frets and the neck plays beautifully. The pickup is built with a powerful neodymium magnet and the location gives this bass a typical p-bass tone. The body is basswood the neck is maple. There are a couple dings and the neck has a nice ding into the wood that was discounted at the store when I bought it.
    I am reducing my collection and the type of music I play does not call for a precision sound, so this one is for sale. Hopefully someone can provide a good home for this unique Squier.

Shipped CONUS $300

View attachment 280963

2. perkidan

perkidan

Sep 13, 2000
    Augusta, ky
    This hurts me....right to my core. To be this broke with this right here at that price. A gun awaits. :(

3. bumpity

4. Price drop bump

5. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Didn't realize what a sick deal this was until I played some stock Classic Vibe P's at Guitar Center today. They're great off the shelf! And with these upgrades...

6. Classic5

Classic5

Mar 31, 2002
    Australia
  7. Oh man. Someone buy this! For $300? Come on. It's a great bass to start but the chi sonic makes this thing so much better. The BEST sounding pick up IMO. Really cuts through in the noisiest of situations. If I didn't just buy a new head and pre amp this would be mine. I really don't wanna use another PU ever again. the Chi's are it for me.

8. Bumpy bump

9. PubliclyViewable

PubliclyViewable Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Pm'ed!

10. This one is sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.