1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Classic Vibe 50's Precision: Has anyone changed the bridge to a vintage style?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by slotrod65, Oct 18, 2010.

1. slotrod65

slotrod65

Dec 29, 2009
    I recently picked up some bridge and pickup covers for my Squier CV 50's P bass. The pickup cover will fit, but the bridge cover will not. The extra meaty CV bridge is a bit wider and sets further towards the edge of the body on the body than the original, 50's style bridge.

I was wondering ifd anyone had swapped out this bridge with a vintage style P bridge? I am sure it can be doine, I just would like to avoid refinishing the bass.

Phredster

2. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Ive also got a thread going about my CV 60's P bridge. I want a slightly narrower string spacing so i think im going to put a Vintage bridge on it.
    I just need to pluck up the courage to drill the new holes.

3. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    Just a head up guys. If you are planning on the two saddle style, they do not intonate as well as the individual saddles. They look much cooler though!

4. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Im just going for the standard 4 saddle version, but thanks anyway.

5. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
  6. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Ive ordered a Fender Vintage Bridge and should be getting it fitted in the next week or so.
    If it was a drop in i would do it myself but as new holes are needed im taking it to a pro to get sorted.
    Ill post back once its done.