1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Classic Vibe 70's Precision....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheBlueFalcon, Sep 1, 2019.

1. TheBlueFalcon

TheBlueFalcon

Sep 17, 2009
    Can anyone confirm the actual weight of this bass please?

Also, any suggestions of what else to consider in the same kind of price range?

2. Weight will vary from instrument to instrument like any other bass. You could try Sweetwater's selection, they show the weight of their basses.

3. Woodyrson

Woodyrson

Aug 23, 2009
    Not exactly what you’re looking for, but my CV 60’s Jazz is 9 lbs 9 oz.

My American P is slightly lighter at around 9 lbs 6 oz. I’d bet most of them will be in that range.

TheBlueFalcon likes this.
  4. LeeHend

LeeHend

Jun 6, 2008
    Dublin, CA
    This is now my goto 4 string bass. This thing has got the look, feel and sound. The neck is money. I've always turned up my nose at Squier basses and I gave this one a try because of the look. I figured I'd sell it if I didn't like it. I thought that they weren't even as good as the MIMs. I ordered a 70's vibe p-bass walnut from Sweetwater. They have my setup specs on file. When I got the bass it was one of the only basses I have ever purchased that I could tune up and play without changing the setup. I have bought many P's over the years searching for that feel and sound of my old 74 P. To top it off, it has the old 74 headstock logo and block inlays. By the way, it weights in at 7.5 lbs.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021