1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier classic vibe or Yamaha BB414?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by terribilino, Apr 16, 2010.

1. terribilino

terribilino

Nov 22, 2008
    Which one with flats as a second bass?

[​IMG] YamahaBB414BassGuitar.

2. CV all the way , i love mine but now that i bought a new bass will have to sell it BUT there really great basses.They can be had used and on sale for under 300$ and at that price there extremly hard to beat.

3. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    With rounds, I would argue for the Yamaha, but it would probably be a draw, depending on which one YOU liked better. But, with flats, I would have to recommend the CV P-bass. I want one of these as well.

Couldn't have imagined GASing for a Squier, even 3 years ago. Now, there are 3-4 different Squiers I would proudly rock. How about that?

4. mobis.fr

mobis.fr

Jun 2, 2005
    germany
    squier CV60s for flats, bb414 for steel rounds.

i have the squier and had the bb414.
    still miss the bb414. great bass for rock with pick. but not so good with flats.

5. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    a pbass with flats makes sooooo much sense.
    its a sound all its own.

vote for the CV

6. terribilino

terribilino

Nov 22, 2008
    That's four for the Squier, then.

7. thudfromafar

thudfromafar Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Try the yamaha. It's a great bass, I use flats on mine and it rules.

8. terribilino

terribilino

Nov 22, 2008
    Wish I could try one out before buying. Where I live the shops stock next to nothing. I'm heading back to Canada for a month this summer - had a great renting experience from Long & McQuade, so I might just rent both to see how they feel. I've never played a Pbass for more than 5 minutes, and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get used to the neck.

9. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    THe Squier CV is a fine, well-made, light and comfortable Bass. The are WELL made. I gave mine up :crying: as a token for my wife's uncle helping us with the flood 3weeks ago. We lost many items, no instruments thankfully.He was excited.

Even though I just purchased a 50's Fender; the CV is a different animal, and I already miss it.
    You won't be sorry.

10. TMBTC

TMBTC

Oct 18, 2009
    Milton,Fl
    CV all the way